Beginning of the history
The history of our company begins in the last century, when in 1912 the French joint-stock company “Perun” started construction of the 4-th autogenous plant in Russia after Moscow, Petrograd and Nikolaev.In 1914 the first gaseous oxygen was extracted on the “Hildebrandt” hardware with productivity of 10 cubic meters per hour and it was put in operation an acetylene installation with productivity of 2 kg product per hour. In time of the Civil War the plant was destroyed, after its completion it was renewed and was of great economic importance for the country. In the period of Great Patriotic War the plant was evacuated to Urals. Afterwards, some equipment was returned and continued its operation.
In 1951 construction of new plant was started to increase production volumes, which lasted 3 years. At this time enterprise production started to slow down of cryogenic product: liquid and gaseous oxygen, nitrogen, argon and production of acetylene, gas mixtures, maintenance of cryogen tanks.
In 1985 new large-tonnage complex of air separation with air-separating installation with productivity 6 t of liquid product per hour was launched. Working simultaneously on two productions (old & new ones), the plant left far behind all competitors in the Soviet Union.Reconstruction of acetylene production with capacity of more than 1000 t acetylene per year was started in 1991 and finished in the second half of 90th with help of foreign investors. At this time production started to slow down all over Ukraine caused by objective reasons, breakup of the Soviet Union and crisis of financial system. The demand for product was falling down gradually due to inability to pay and closure of many enterprises.
AGA Ukraine – a new period
In 1992 after negotiations with Swedish concern “ AGA AB” a plan of jointed actions was developed, which was profitable for both parties. Then the decision to transfer the plant in private ownership with foreign investors was made by Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. In the same year management delegation of the plant visited “AGA AB” in Stockholm to become familiar with principles of AGA AB concern.
In 1995 the enterprise was transformed into open joint stock company “Dneprokislorod”.
In 1996 the Swedish concern “AGA AB”, specialized in cryogenic product, purchased 31,3 % shares of Dnipropetrovsk Oxygen plant and invested 3,1 mln dollar on its production. Due to investments the plant increased its technological base, updated equipment, introduced new technologies, including an unceasing delivery of our product to Nizhnedneprovsk tube-rolling mill. It was equipped with new computer equipment, introduced differentiated accounting of power inputs, made an upgrade of administration, marketing, accounting, implemented new forms in customer service, systematized a salary payment system, periodically rendered welfare aid to inhabitants of Industrial district of Dnepropetrovsk. Eventually AGA company gained control package of shares and became a competent owner of the plant.In 2000 the enterprise was renamed from OJSC “Dneprokislorod” into OJSC “AGA Ukraine”.
Our history under the flag of "Linde"
In 2000 the Swedish concern AGA, including our enterprise, passed into ownership of major German industrial group Linde Gas. In November 2004 OJSC “AGA Ukraine” was renamed as OJSC Linde Gas Ukraine.
In result of merging of Linde company and BOC in 2006, OJSC Linde Gas Ukraine became a part of international group Linde Group.
In 2006 a new cylinders filling station was built and launched, which has no analogs in Ukraine.
In 2007 our company introduced quality management system according to international standard ISO 9001.
In 2008 enterprise “Kiev plant of carbon dioxide ” became a part of Linde Group and a base for Kiev Branch of Linde Gas Ukraine. It was fully reconstructed and in 2010 a new full range filling station with laboratory and dry ice production unit was built there.
In 2009 a new modern Air Separation Unit (ASU) Linde was built in Kurahovo, Donetsk region, which became first ASU of European level in Ukraine, and own source of high quality product.
In 2010 Open Joint Stock Company “Linde Gas Ukraine” was renamed into Public Joint Stock Company “Linde Gas Ukraine”.
In March 2013 a new Acetylene plant was put into operation in Dnepropetrovsk.
In 2016 a new modern Air Separation Unit (ASU) Linde was put into operation in Krivoy Rog.
Today Linde Gas Ukraine is the first-rate producer of industrial and medical gases in Ukraine, which is constantly investing and modernizing its production capacities, improving quality management system and developing customer service to only the best solutions for our customers.Having gained the wide operational experience, we offer our customers complex solutions in gas supply.